The number one excuse that we all love is – “I have no time.”
I used it and I’ve heard it more times than I can remember.
But rather than read you the riot act about how it’s not that you don’t have time today I thought I’d throw out some ideas of how we could use 5 minutes a day to create a better life.
5 minutes isn’t a lot but I thought we should start there.
Once you get started on any of the suggestions below I’m hoping you’ll decide to invest slight more time to achieve even better results.
Remember, it isn’t really important how much time you spend but how well you spend it.
I’ve spent hours just surfing the web, the modern day equivalent of twiddling my fingers, when I could have been researching new ideas for my business.
I always tell my clients that I’d prefer them to work hard for 30 minutes than to give me half-ass effort for an hour.
They might sound the same, but I assure you, they’re not.
Anyway, here is a list of things for you to invest 5 minutes in.
- Pushups – the fastest most effective way to build upper body strength I know.
- Pillates – Amazing how tough holding your body in one position is.
- Think – Have you ever just thought about life for 5 minutes?
- Rest your eyes – Amazing how good putting a hot compress on your eyes can be.
- Thank you’s – Quick thank-you emails to people mean more than you think.
- Read – You’ll eventually finish a book, not matter how long it is.
- Walk – A nice brisk walk will invigorate you.
- Enjoy the sunrise – What a beautiful time of day.
- Take photos – Capture the memories.
- Youtube – Incredible training tips in any field.
- Facebook – Let your friends know what’s been happening.
- eBay – The biggest selection of study material.
- Write a plan – Take the time to plan your tomorrow.
We are all busy, I get that.
What we don’t have is an excuse to not do any of the things above.
Is 5 minutes enough?
Perhaps not. But it’s a start.
5 minutes is 5 minutes more than zero.
How will you spend your 5 minutes?