Have you ever noticed that there are times when everything just seems to go our way?
We get the promotion we’ve been longing for, the bank gives you the green light on your house loan, you have the support needed to chase your dreams, and your investments are paying off.
2011 has been one of those years for me. I published my book, will finish construction on my first house later this month, built up my website, and gotten more clients.
The one small hiccup – my stocks have taken a hit recently (a small amount of my total portfolio) but instead of panicking I am using this experience to train myself and prepare for the future. It may sound a little crazy for some people but I appreciate this opportunity.
All in all, life is good.
So how did I get here? I believe it’s thanks to two simple changes I made in my life.
The first – I decided to take my own growth seriously.
As a result of a lot of studying I have a better understanding of relationships, management, marketing, money, financial markets, time management and much much more. The best of which I try and share with you here on this blog and in my book, iSucceed.
The second – I decided to limit my interaction with those people I felt were holding me back. And to a few I said my goodbyes.
The result: I now have more time to spend with those people who are supporting me and that are heading in the same direction.
Those two simple changes have made all the difference for me.
Life is easy when we do the right things and meet the right people so today I thought I should say thank you to some of the people who have helped me on this journey.
I hope you know who you are.
- Mrs. K – for being my rock and believing in who I could be.
- Mr. J – for taking the time to put your ideas on CDs and DVDs for me to learn from.
- Ms. R – for being you. Your passion for learning amazes me.
- Mr. A – for being a true friend and being there when I needed you.
- Ms. L – for taking a chance and reading my blog and working hard to change her life.
- Mr. J – for working tirelessly and always going the extra mile.
- Ms. Y – for listening to me over the years and sharing her thoughts with me.
- Ms. H – for being the ultimate student; absorbing all that I share with you.
- Mr. S – for taking a chance on me when I was just starting out.
- Mrs. K – for your continual strive to be better. You challenge me to always improve.
- Mr. A & Mrs. E – for all the love and support you showed me over the years.
- Mr. M – for teaching me about business and life skills at the same time.
- Ms. T – for your hard work over the years.
- Ms. Y – for sharing so much of you with me.
I’m sure there are many more people I owe thanks to but off the top of my head this will have to do. These people and others are a big reason I am where I am today.
They kindly let me be a part of their lives and I thank them for that.
I look forward to many more years of their friendship and ideas.
To them and everyone else reading this always remember that wealth and success mean little without having people to share it with.
Find good people. Cherish their friendship.