Ever since I was a young child I have enjoyed reading, the only problem was that I enjoyed reading comics; Superman, Spiderman, etc.
I suppose I was like any other kid, I did my best to get out of doing my homework.
When teachers assigned us book reports I would find a book that had been made into a movie allowing me to save time and effort.
In college I even dropped classes if teachers told me we’d be reading more than 2 books a semester.
I was not what you might call a bookworm. I was more like a couch potato.
And yet, here, on this blog I often talk about how valuable reading and studying is.
What changed? Me.
A few years back I took on a project that was really above my skill set so I turned to books for guidance as I didn’t have many mentors at the time.
That single decision has determined a lot of who I am today.
But today I’m not going to give you a list of books on business. Instead I thought I’d share with you my Must-Read Books.
The following are my short list of novels to be read for enjoyment.
- Jurassic Park (Michael Crichton)
- Master of the Game (Sidney Sheldon)
- Animal Farm (George Orwell)
- Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
- The Harry Potter Series (J.K. Rowling)
- If Tomorrow Comes (Sidney Sheldon)
- The Ultimate Gift (Jim Stovall)
- Life’s Golden Ticket (Brendon Burchard)
- The Shack (William P. Young)
- Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
If you’ve got some others that I absolutely must read be sure to pass them along.